Thursday 7 July 2011

Makeup of the day?

So today i havent done much, ive only been to the dentist, food shopping and watched TV. I Did my makeup anyway and thought i would share what makeup i used, and what brushes i used. Carry on reading for more info:

My face of the day, quite simple. 
Eye makeup of the day very subtle 
I have loads of mascara on, but i do have naturally long lashes.
Left to right: Celia birtwell foundation brush, Lydia professional small foundation brush, Benefit Slant Powder brush. 
Middle Top: Maybelline dream matte mousse.
Middle Bottom: Maybelline Dream Matte Powder
Right: Maybelline Dream Satin Liquid Foundation
(i LOVE Maybelline if you didn't already guess)

Firstly i applied my foundation all over my face using my Celia Birtwell brush, i then put some Dream Matte Mousse under my eyes or on, any blemishes or dark freckles. Lastly i lightly dusted my Dream Matte Powder to set my makeup.
Left to right: Primark Pink Kabuki, Benefit's Hoola Bronzer, Benefits High Beam, NYC Creme Blush Stick
Bottom: Bobbi Brown Blush Brush, Benefit Slant powder brush.

I First apply Benefit Hoola bronzer with the pink kabuki, i then applied it as a cheek contour with my benefit slant powder brush. Next i used my Bobbi Brown blush brush to smooth on my creme stick blending it out as much as possible, i then applied my High Beam on the bridge of my nose and my cheekbones.
Top Left: Benefits Weather Girl Palette, Maybelline Colossal Mascara, Maybelline Dream Mousse Shadow, and a white de-potted eye shadow.
Bottom: Barry M Wink Marker Pen eyeliner, Plain Black eyeliner pencil, Bobbi Brown Eye shadow brush.

Firstly i applied a base of the Dream Mousse Shadow, i then used my Bobbi Brown eye shadow brush and picked the middle and right eye shadow of the weather girl palette, i then applied my Barry M wink marker pen to my top lid and winged out a tiny bit. After that i applied a plain black eyeliner pencil to my water line topping it all of with my Colossal Mascara. I applied about 4 coats of the mascara as i love it clumpy and full.
I used the Middle shadow first as an all over colour, and then i used the Furthest right shadow as a crease colour and blended it out lightly. 
After completing my eyelids I moved onto my eyebrows.
I used a double ended brush by Fern Cotton and a No7 eye shadow trio.

I Used the bigger brush of the double ended brush and used the Bottom shadow of the palette and lightly shaded my eyebrows a bit darker than they naturally are. I did not shape them, just simply darkened them. 
Top Left: Rimmel London Nude lipstick in 502 Virtuous, Lush Snow fairy Lip tint.
Bottom: Rimmel Exaggerate Lip liner.

Firstly I applied the Snow Fairy as a base, i then lined my lips with the Exaggerate Lip Liner. I blended out the lip liner so it wasn't so harsh and then i applied my Rimmel London Lipstick which is my favorite nude!
Left: Rimmel London 502 Virtuous.
Right: Lush snow fairy lip tint
Bottom: Rimmel Exaggerate Lip Liner

So that is my makeup of the day, very subtle eyelids but very nice for a night out with friends or staying in for the day. I personally like wearing makeup while watching TV or on the laptop (Dont ask me why) Ha.

Have a beautiful day,
Emma, xo 

No comments:

Post a Comment